Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Criss Angel’s 10–year reunion with WWE stars in the ring tonight - 8th March 2010

Mindfreak magician Criss Angel promises that there will be no disappearing act when he steps into World Wrestling Entertainment’s Raw ring tonight in Portland, Ore. Despite not feeling well, Criss flew out of Las Vegas this morning and will return in time for tomorrow evening’s performances of Cirque du Soleil’s Believe at the Luxor.

Criss also revealed to Vegas DeLuxe that he has signed for a sixth season of A&E’s Mindfreak, which he has just finalized planning for filming to start. In hosting the USA Network wrestling event, which also features a battle between WWE head honcho Vince McMahon and John Cena, he’ll be introducing The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels in the opening bout and veteran Ted DiBiase wrestling Legacy in a matchup.

The illusionist is a big WWE fan and says he uses martial arts in his cross-training physical workouts, including kung fu, tae kwon do and karate. He said it strengthens his body and his mind. For Criss, it’s a reunion with a group who gave him a unique start to his magic career, and that’s why he’ll be in the center of tonight’s rough-and-tumble action. You can expect to see magic in and out of the ring.

“When I started out trying to make it, I ran into a lot of people who never lived up to their promises,” Criss told me about his friendship with WWE. “It’s no secret that I borrowed money from the bank and took a $260,000 mortgage on my mother’s home. I was willing to invest the $410,000 to show that I had something very special.

“Back then, I was on the streets of Manhattan, and at Broadway and West 43rd Street, there was the World Wrestling restaurant filled with its memorabilia. Vince McMahon, the founder, and all the wrestlers all came to see my show. They were huge fans, and Vince gave me my very first break taking me off the street and into a 125-seat theater we built out of a banquet room. That led to all the stunts, all the TV shows, everything. (Credit: Las Vegas Sun)

*Read the full article here